Thursday, January 15, 2009

Gear Review: SX Les Paul Custom

Acquired From: eBay
Price Paid: $300


I bought this guitar about 3 years ago or so, and WHAT A BARGAIN!!! If you want a guitar that not only looks like a Gibson Les Paul, but sounds like it, plays like it, has everything that the Gibson does except for the high price tag and the name on the headstock, your search is OVER my friend. This guitar was easily one of the greatest purchases I've ever made, and trust me, there have been a lot over the 12 years I've been playing. For starters, it's a beautifully crafted instrument. Wine Red Mahogany, mother of pearl inlays, cream binding, chrome hardware, etc. Just click on the image above to see it up close if you have any doubts... The wonderful thing about it is that it FEELS like a very expensive instrument. There are no visible flaws whatsoever, and it plays like a dream right out of the box. It came set up from the factory, and with D'Addario 10 gauge strings. I just recently strung it with some 10 gauge Elixir strings, and it totally came alive. The pickups are great, dual chrome humbuckers just like it's Gibson brethren, and they were not cheaply made either. A buddy of mine has the exact same Les Paul Custom in a Gibson (same finish and everything). I've played on both, thoroughly examined both, and I'm telling you, he paid ten times what I payed for my SX and the only difference was the name on the headstock. I'd buy every guitar SX makes, as long as they can all live up to the very high bar that their Les Paul Custom has set.

No comments:

Post a Comment